Status of Trail
- Open Year Round
Length of Trail
- 2 miles
Width of Trail
- 8 feet
- Easy. The trail consists of gently rolling hills with little elevation gain.
Designated Trail Use
- Hiking, foot travel only. Since this is a designated wildlife sanctuary, no pets are allowed!
- QR Fit Trail provided by Leadership DeSoto class of 2016. Stretching stations along the 1st mile with large stretch station between mile 1 and 2.
Type of Trail
- Park forest
- Entergy Education Pavilion a -4,000 sqft venue that will be available for rental in Summer 2017.
- 34°49’50.55″ N 90°06’48.95″ W
The trail is located in a wildlife sanctuary and consists of 2 miles of woodland walking trails already constructed with future plans for a handicap accessible wildlife demonstration trail. The Trail feature interpretive signs listing area wildlife, tree identification markers and has an outdoor amphitheater that can accommodate small groups for outdoor education classes. Trail-goers will enjoy views of Arkabutla Lake, mixed hardwood forests, swamps and open fields planted for wildlife habitat. At the end of the second loop visitors can get a good view of Arkabutla Lake as the trail winds through the hardwood forest alongside the lake. For more information in pavilion rental or group outings please call 662-612-6455.