The Coldwater River Nature Conservancy’s education programs involve the education birds of prey from Mississippi Wildlife Rehabilitation, Inc. These beautiful birds along with some of their friends are an important part of our mission in wildlife education and conservation in Mississippi. Program educators are able to customize an education program for any size group, ages and event.
A more intimate experience for one classroom with 1 live bird and a variety of props. One educator could potentially visit 3 classrooms in the same school on the same day.
- 25 students per class
- 45 min program
- maximum of 3 programs per day at the school
- $75 per classroom
Rotating programs consist of one educator with 1-2 live birds and a variety of props, who is stationed in on location at the school or event and presents a program every hour for groups that rotate in and out. This provides a unique experience for more classes.
- 50-75 students per rotation
- 30-45 min program; plus 15-20 min for groups to rotate
- Maximum of 5 rotations per day
- $500 per day per educator
Assembly Programs in Schools
Assembly programs are for larger groups seated in a large space (e.g. gym or auditorium). Assembly programs are staffed by two educators and include a 3-4 live birds and a variety of props. A sound system would be helpful.
- 125-200 students per program
- 45-60 minute program; plus 30 minutes for groups to rotate
- Maximum of 2 programs per day
- $300 for one program
- $500 for two programs
many libraries have summer programs. Library programs include on educator, 1-2 live birds (and may or may not include a snake or mammal) and a variety of props.
- 25-50 people per program
- 45 min program
- $150 per program
– A festival booth is staffed by a t least 2 people and 3-4 or more birds of prey. Festival fess vary based on factors as venue location, distance, number of event hours, expected attendance, number of volunteers, etc. Please call for pricing.
Public and Private Programs
– Programs for other non-profit and for profit groups. Fee varies based on the program request and venue. Programs usually include 1-2 educators, 2-4 live birds of prey and at last 1-2 hours. Please call for pricing.
Pricing and availability of live birds of prey often change so please call with any questions and we will work with you to create a great experience for your group!
Please contact us more information and to book your program today!
- Kate Friedman
- Phone: 901-826-4615
- Her Email: email@example.com
Mississippi Wildlife Rehabilitation, Inc. offers education workshops for people interested in rehabilitation of wildlife or for those that wish to expand their knowledge in wildlife rehab. All MWR, Inc. rehab volunteers are required to attend these workshops that are held throughout February and March each year. Topics include basic supplies and mammal care to zooneses, diseases, wound care and more.
Workshops are lead by our Rehabilitation Volunteer Coordinators and ARK Wildlife Hospital Director, Dr. Stefan Harsch, DVM.
If you believe you would be interested in wildlife rehabilitation or continuing your education in rehab, please give us a call!
901 413 2827/ 662 449 5234
Sign up to receive email form CRNC to receive updates and the next workshop!